We’re helping you stay safe
We’re opening soon! We’ve missed you a lot and can’t wait to reopen our doors and welcome you again.
We have everything in hand to make your experience just the way we know you like it but there have been changes.
We have worked incredibly hard to put in place all the safety measures you expect to keep you and our staff safe during your visit.
At the heart of everything we undertake within our venues, we work within the firm parameters of the Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005 and the five Licensing Objectives within that Act, including, “the prevention of crime” and “protecting and improving public health”. We ask you, our customers and patrons to support us in our duty to protect you and our staff.
But remember, you are here to enjoy yourself!
A PHASED OPENING
We are gradually re-opening. Following the publishing of the guidance for outdoor and indoor hospitality on July 2nd, from 6th July our outdoor terraces at Cold Town House, McLarens on the Corner, Church on the Hill,. The Meadowpark and The Saint will be open (weather dependant!) and from 17th July, Kyloe will be ready to welcome you back indoors. The other venues detailed above will also be open for indoor hospitaltyi following all Government Guidance. From there, we will take it slowly, only opening when it’s the right time and safe to do so – we will keep you posted.
- Bookings are essential – visit coldtownhouse.co.uk/reservations
- Maximum of 6 people from a maximum of 2 households.
- Arrive promptly at your booking time – we will stagger bookings to avoid guests waiting in the entrance.
- If you are later than 15 minutes, we will have to cancel your table.
- Your table is reserved for 1hr 45 minutes.
- We will store your details for your reservation for 21 days under the Scottish Government’s Track and Protect initiative.
SAFE, CLEAN RESTAURANTS
- Every table is cleaned & sanitised thoroughly between guests with a minimum 15-minute turnaround time if required.
- Please sanitise your hands – free sanitisers are located at the entrance, on every table, at the bar and by the toilets for you to use throughout your visit.
- Tables are 2m apart, in line with government guidance. We have also introduced screens where possible
- All high usage surfaces (such as door handles and toilets) will be sanitised every 30 minutes.
- Please follow the one way system floor graphics to move around the restaurant safely, and to visit the WC. This will help you, and other guests, maintain safe social distancing.
- Table-service only at the moment, vertical drinking is not permitted.
- Please be careful, aware of your surroundings and fellow guests. Respect social and physical distancing.
YOUR DINING EXPERIENCE
- Your host will explain our one-way system and how to use WCs (not literally, just where to wait if toilets are occupied!) We will not be able to offer to take your jackets – please use the backs of your chairs.
- You will be asked to submit your personal details to us for track and trace. These details are stored securely for 21 days in line with Scottish Government advice.
- We will ask to take your temperature
- Please scan the QR code on your table to be taken straight to the menus. Alternatively, we have disposable menus for single use too.
- You’ll each be given your own sanitised cutlery, crockery, glassware, plus a table salt & pepper pot. Disposable menus are available upon request.
A menu of crowd pleasers!
- We’ve kept your favourite dishes and drinks but slimmed down some of the choice to help our kitchen teams manage physical distancing.
- We’re only accepting card payments. Please use contactless where possible but if not possible, we sanitise the machines before and after each use.
- Your feedback matters, especially at this time. Please look out for an email the following day and let us know how we did. If you prefer please ask for one of the management team during your visit to provide the feedback there and then.
- All team members are health & temperature screened every day.
- We’re working in ‘shift families’ to minimise contact.
- Kitchen teams will wear masks/visors as will Front of House and will follow social distancing measures.
- Everyone has been informed about the safest ways to travel to work.
- Shift times have been adjusted to allow for travel during quieter times.
- No team members will travel to or from work in their uniform. They will arrive and leave in clean clothes each day and will also change their shoes before and after their shifts.